The 2015 Great American Beer Festival (GABF) just wrapped up, and we’re proud of our Indiana breweries for bringing home 10 medals from the competition (Update: According to the Brewers Association, Indiana won nearly twice as many medals as expected):
- Gold, American-Style Amber Lager: Auburn Lager, Mad Anthony Brewing Co., Fort Wayne, IN
- Gold, Belgian-Style Dubbel or Quadruple: Sanitarium, Bier Brewery and Taproom, Indianapolis, IN
- Bronze, Belgian-Style Dubbel or Quadruple: Qualified, Taxman Brewing Co., Bargersville, IN
- Bronze, Belgian-Style Fruit Beer: Cherry Busey, Sun King Brewing Co., Indianapolis, IN
- Silver, German-Style Altbier: Generation Alt, Flix Brewhouse, Carmel, IN
- Bronze, German-Style Doppelbock or Eisbock: Hot for Teacher Ms. Doppelbock, Thr3e Wise Men Brewing Co., Indianapolis, IN
- Silver, German-Style Märzen: Antonius 1742 Oktoberfest, Thr3e Wise Men Brewing Co., Indianapolis, IN
- Gold, Golden or Blonde Ale: Sunlight Cream Ale, Sun King Brewing Co., Indianapolis, IN
- Gold, Honey Beer: Electric Stinger, The Tap Beer Co., Bloomington, IN
- Silver, Wood- and Barrel-Aged Strong Beer: Batch 666: Sympathy For The Devil, Sun King Brewing Co., Indianapolis, IN
We at Brewers of Indiana Guild were also pleased to represent the Indiana brewing industry at GABF’s Support Your Local Brewery pavilion, where we shared some of the state’s best beers with thousands of craft beer enthusiasts.
Be sure to join us at Winterfest on January 30, 2016 for your chance to meet some of our award-winning brewers and taste their winning beers.