Great American Beer Festival (GABF) took place this weekend in Denver, CO, with 800 breweries pouring 3,800 beers at the 3-day, 4-session fest held by the national Brewers Association.
The GABF competition also took place, with eight Indiana breweries winning 10 medals at what is one of the most prestigious beer events in the world. We’re proud of our member breweries who represented Indiana at the competition and festival with some of the country’s best beers.
2017 GABF winner breweries from Indiana:
- Chilly Water Brewing Co.: Smoke on the Lager (Silver, Smoke Beer)
- Four Day Ray Brewing: Hot Pink (Bronze, Experimental Beer)
- Mad Anthony Brewing Co.: Auburn Lager (Gold, American-Style Amber Lager)
- Metazoa Brewing Co.: Klipspringer (Silver, American Belgo-Style Ale); Breton Blonde (Silver, Belgian-Style Blonde Ale or Pale Ale)
- Sun King Brewing Co.: Cherry Busey (Bronze, Belgian-Style Fruit Beer); Magpie Muckle (Silver, Wood- and Barrel-Aged Beer)
- Taxman Brewing Co.: Deduction (Silver, Belgian-Style Dubbel or Quadrupel)
- Triton Brewing Co.: Fieldhouse Wheat (Bronze, American-Style Wheat Beer)
- ZwanzigZ Brewing (2016 Small Brewpub and Small Brewpub Brewer of the Year): Ghost Pepper Imperial Stout (Gold, Chili Beer)
See last year’s Indiana winners here, and the full list of 2017 winners here.
Brewers of Indiana Guild and Hoosier breweries poured at GABF
For the fourth year in a row, the Brewers of Indiana Guild served beers from across the state in the Protect Craft Guilds Pavilion at GABF’s four tasting sessions.
Beers poured at the guild booths can’t be found elsewhere on the floor, and Brewers of Indiana Guild staff selected some of the state’s best, award-winning, and most unique beers from each region of the state to pour for the tens of thousands of attendees flocking to the Colorado Convention Center.
2017 beers poured at the Guild booth included: Black Acre Brewing Co. Natural Liberty American Pale Lager, Burn ‘Em Brewing The Hop Parade IPA, Daredevil Brewing Co Muse Belgian Strong Pale Ale, Flix Brewhouse Tripel Carmel-ite Belgian Tripel, New Albanian Brewing Company Tunnel Vision Royal Wallonian Ale, Schnitz Brewing Company Blonde American Wheat Ale, The Devil’s Trumpet My Ghetto IPA, Upland Brewing Co. Oktoberfest Bavarian-style Lager, ZwanzigZ Bourbon Barrel Chocolate Beer, and this year’s IN Beer Brigade collaboration hosted by Sun King Brewing Co., Stuck in the Middle Imperial Stout.
Breweries pouring their beer at GABF 2017 included:
- Burn’Em Brewing
- Byway Brewing Company
- Carson’s Brewery
- Chapman’s Brewing Company
- Danny Boy Beer Works
- Daredevil Brewing Company
- Flix Brewhouse – Carmel
- Goshen Brewing Company
- Hunter’s Brewing
- Indiana City Brewing
- Mad Anthony Brewing Co
- Main Street Brewing Inc/Turonis Pizza
- Metazoa Brewing Co.
- Shoreline Brewery
- Sun King Brewing Co
- Taxman Brewing Co
- The Tap Beer Company
- Three Floyds Brewing Co
- Tin Man Brewing Company
- Triton Brewing Company
- Upland Brewing Co
- ZwanzigZ Brewing
We would like to thank the Brewers Association for hosting us and for convening the annual Gathering of the Guilds during GABF, giving us the chance to network, learn from, and share information and experiences with our fellow brewers’ guilds.
No comments yet.