Thank you for signing up to pour with us at Winterfest – we’re looking forward to a fantastic event! To ensure a safe and fun event for all please carefully review all the information below and share it with your Winterfest team. Below are all the details you’ll need to know. If you have any questions and/or need any clarifications, please reach out to Julia at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone/text at 765.620.0153.
Saturday, February 11, 2023
1pm Early Entry Ticketholders | 2-6 pm General Admission Ticketholders
West Pavilion at the Indiana State Fairgrounds.
1202 E. 38th Street, Indianapolis, IN 46205
FINAL INFORMATION FORM
Please have one person from your brewery complete this form online no later than January 27th that includes the following:
- Place to upload your Certificate of Insurance (see a sample COI here)
- Place to list your excise district for when we submit for permits
- Place to list the appropriate mailing address for your stipend check
- Place to list the beers that you’re bringing to the festival (if you don’t know yet, just leave this blank and email me your list later)
Unique links were directly emailed to your Winterfest contact with instructions on securing your tickets for the event. This year, we’re offering the following, ALL of which must be secured by your team online in advance of the event:
- Complimentary brewer tickets – 4 available per brewery
- Extra brewer tickets – maximum of 2 per brewery at $20/each
- General Admission discounted tickets – $25 each, maximum 10
Each attending brewery was mailed, in mid-January, (1) one vehicle parking pass for the event. The State Fairgrounds have asked us to remind everyone that there is no parking on the West and South Sides of the building (including during load-in and load-out) as this is a fire lane that must be kept clear for everyone’s safety. If you forget your parking pass you will be charged $10 for a replacement.
PERMIT FOR SERVING ALCOHOL
On your behalf, the Guild secured your permit for this festival by sending one blanket permit request to the ATC. This was accomplished by using one of your 45 annual “festival” permits. If you have questions about this, please let us know.
Please reference the map linked here for the most up to date layout of the festival layout. This is where you’ll find your tent letter and booth number for labeling your beer and to see where you’ll be set up for the event.
Friday, February 10 | 2 p.m. – 5 p.m. (vehicles must be out by 4:45 p.m.)
Saturday, February 11 | 10 a.m. – 12 p.m. (vehicles must be out by 11:45 p.m.)
Enter the Fairgrounds through the Fall Creek entrance. The brewer entrance to the West Pavilion is located on the South end of the building. The State Fairgrounds have asked us to remind everyone that there is no parking on the West and South Sides of the building (including during load-in and load-out) as this is a fire lane that must be kept clear for everyone’s safety.
A refrigerated truck will be available on site for product deliveries. All of the products that you will be serving on Saturday will be delivered to your booth that morning. Beer deliveries will begin at 11 a.m. Saturday morning. Do not grab ice without communicating with a BIG staff member or volunteer captain.
If you bring beer over during Friday check in, IT IS IMPERATIVE that you label it with your brewery name, contact person, tent letter and spot number. Please check the map for this information. This will ensure it gets to you quickly on Saturday and doesn’t end up with the wrong brewery.
To make load-in easier and to minimize confusion, please allow yourself extra time for any delays. Traffic around the Fairgrounds can be busy, and late arrival can cause difficulties for you and others. With the large number of participants, you’ll want to arrive and set up as early as possible. All booths must be set up by 12:30 p.m. on Saturday. Please plan to send a representative to the Brewers’ Hideout in the northeast quadrant of the building (near the concessions stands) for a brief pre-fest meeting at 12:00 p.m.
AVAILABLE PRODUCT AND STIPENDS
Participating breweries should bring no less than 30 gallons of product to the event, earning a $375 stipend. Stipend checks will be mailed by February 24.
If you are bringing cask beers, they will be included in your brewery’s stipend count along with the other beer you bring. Breweries owning Guild-provided pins must fill them to be served in the Cask Tent. Breweries that don’t own a Guild-provided pin may still provide beer for the Cask Tent.
Please ensure that everyone on your team has their valid server’s permit on hand, and that guests visiting your booth are not over-served. Please do not dispense alcohol into any other vessel than the sample glasses given to each attendee. Our early entry guests will have a pint glass to drink from this year that has a 3 oz. pour line – please be sure to not overfill.
Electricity will not be provided to your booth unless prior arrangements have been made.
ICE, TABLES, CHAIRS
The Guild will provide ice, an 8′ table, and tow chairs for each booth.
You’re welcome to bring a standard-sized popup tent – up to 10’x10′ to use in your booth space.
- If you have a Sprinter booth outside of the main brewery booths and you plan to put up a tent, you must have a fire extinguisher inside.
- If you need assistance at the event, or an attendee has a question which you can’t answer, reach out to one of the Volunteer Captains.
- If there’s an emergency, immediately notify the nearest police officer or ER professional, a Volunteer Captain, or Brewers of Indiana Guild staff member, or call 911.
- Bring pitchers, water kegs, and dump buckets for cup rinsing if you so choose.
- Last pour at 6 p.m. on Saturday will be strictly enforced.
- Please post your beer list, special tapping times, and other fun stuff before and at the event using #IndyWinterfest on your social media channels
- The link to the beers on tap that have been submitted is here: https://drinkin.beer/winterfest-beers-on-tap/
- If you haven’t submitted your beer and you’d like to in advance, please either include your list in the information form linked at the top of this page, or email your list to Julia@drinkIN.beer if you’ve already submitted your information form