Hoosier brewers followed up a stellar Great American Beer Festival 2015 with more medals in 2016 at one of the world’s biggest beer competitions. Congrats to the winners:
- Carson’s Brewery (Evansville) – RIPA – Bronze medal, Double Red Ale category
- Daredevil Brewing Co (Speedway) – Vacation – Silver medal, German-Style Koelsch category
- Sun King Brewing Co. (Indianapolis) – Cherry Busey – Silver medal, Belgian-Style Fruit Beer category
- ZwanzigZ Brewing (Columbus) – The Ticket – Silver medal, Chocolate Beer category
- ZwanzigZ Brewing – Frankenwald Eisbock – Silver medal, German-Style Doppelbock or Eisbock category
We’re particularly proud of ZwanzigZ Brewing, Mike Rybinski, and Trent Fleener for winning Small Brewpub and Small Brewpub Brewer of the Year.
Twenty breweries from across Indiana poured at the 35th annual GABF.
We at the Brewers of Indiana Guild joined them, pouring 18th Street’s Temporal Purgatory Pale Ale, Mad Anthony/People’s Mad People Barrel Aged Scotch Ale, Bier ESB, Byway Brewing Goldblatz Golden Ale, Taxman Deduction Dubbel, and Corn King IPA, our IN Beer Brigade/3 Floyds collaboration with Northwestern Indiana’s breweries.
We thank the Brewers Association for hosting us at Great American Beer Festival for the third year in a row.
Indiana breweries pouring at GABF 2016:
- Brugge Brasserie – Indianapolis
- Burn’Em Brewing – Michigan City
- Byway Brewing Company – Hammond
- Carson’s Brewery – Evansville
- Chapman’s Brewing Company – Angola
- Danny Boy Beer Works – Carmel
- Daredevil Brewing Company – Indianapolis
- Evil Czech Brewery – Mishawaka
- Flix Brewhouse – Carmel
- Hunter’s Brewing – Chesterton
- Mad Anthony Brewing Co – Fort Wayne
- Main Street Brewing Inc/Turonis Pizza – Evansville
- Shoreline Brewery – Michigan City
- Sun King Brewing Co – Indianapolis
- The Tap Beer Company – Bloomington
- Taxman Brewing Co – Bargersville
- Tin Man Brewing Company – Evansville
- Triton Brewing Company – Indianapolis
- Upland Brewing Co – Bloomington
- ZwanzigZ Brewing – Columbus