Brewers of Indiana Guild is accepting applications for the role of Executive Director until 3/16/2016.
The Guild is the trade organization representing breweries of all sizes, both brewpub and production, throughout the state of Indiana.
With offices located in downtown Indianapolis, the Guild’s goal and mission is to promote the highest standards of professional brewing in Indiana and increase public awareness and appreciation for the variety and quality of Indiana craft beer.
Additionally, the Guild advocates for state and federal laws that promote Guild members’ ideals, foster brewery profitability, provide a forum for discussion, and support initiatives for the common good of Indiana’s brewing industry.
The Guild is currently funded through three yearly festivals as well as associated sponsorships and affiliate membership programs. In addition to festivals, other Guild programs include: regional member meetings, hosting an Indiana Brewers Conference, and various legislative events.
The Guild is currently seeking an Executive Director who can provide the leadership to move the organization forward. Since 2010 the Guild’s membership has grown by 400% to 120 members, with many more breweries in planning. This explosive growth has increased the importance of our work with an emphasis on superior program execution and creating member value.
We are currently targeting a start date of August 1, 2016.
To apply, please forward the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Resume and contact information
- Cover letter
- A 500 to 1000 word analysis of the current state of craft beer in Indiana.
Specific Job Duties Include:
- Administer, maintain, generate awareness and grow the Affiliate Membership and Guild Sponsorship programs.
- Support the Board of Directors and the President in executing their duties.
- Supervise Guild staff.
- Supervise and communicate outcomes from all Guild activities, legislative actions, programs, and events.
- Work with the Treasurer to ensure adequate funds are available to permit the organization to carry out its work. Review all monthly expense statements and ensure financial information is relayed properly to the bookkeeper and/or treasurer. Ensure invoicing and funds are collected in a timely manner.
- Manage the yearly budgeting process and work with the board, committee chairs, events coordinator, communications director, and treasurer to create an accurate budget.
- Stand as ex-officio of each committee and build board involvement.
- Ensure ongoing programmatic excellence, rigorous event evaluation, and consistent quality of experience for festival patrons.
- Create, implement, and maintain Human Resources guidelines.
- Maintain the organization’s strategic plan. Ensure the organization works within its mission and makes consistent and timely progress towards its long range goals.
- Develop and maintain a report of legislative objectives based on membership feedback. Assist the board in creating directives to meet legislative goals.
- Assist the Secretary of the Board in maintaining bylaws and ensure that the board and its subcommittees adhere to standards set in the bylaws.
- Represent the Guild at events and functions including but not limited to: All Guild festivals, Indiana Craft Brewers Conference, Regional meetings, National Craft Brewers Conference, Great American Beer Festival, legislative receptions, and others as needed.
To perform the duties above, the qualified candidate will posses the following attributes:
- Full understanding of craft beer and the industries surrounding it.
- Superior understanding of the legal and legislative difficulties facing the craft beer industry in Indiana.
- Full understanding of the diversity of breweries within Indiana and nationally.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to distill complex situations into clear terms for the board and for member breweries. Specifically, strong written and verbal communication skills are required.
- Demonstrable leadership skills with a track record of supervising and assessing staff, analyzing staffing needs and proposing effective solutions, and experience handling standard Human Resources functions associated with a small business.
- Experience using QuickBooks online.
- Strong spreadsheet skills.
- Extremely strong organizational skills with the ability to monitor, manage and engage multiple (five or more) programs simultaneously and effectively.